Small businesses in the service, retail and energy industries represented
in October 12 networking and pitch event
The final businesses selected to pitch at the live event are:
- Bucket Technologies: Bucket is a technology platform which integrates with existing POS systems to facilitate coinless cash transactions at retail locations.
- Community Solar Partners: Community Solar Partners provides affordable access to solar net metering, targeting the 80% of the US populations that does not qualify for roof-top solar.
- FanSpotz: FanSpotz is a peer-to-peer parking app that connects college football fans looking for games day parking and property owners with space to spare.
- Swoop Jobs: Swoop Jobs is a hire on demand web based mobile application for the service/hospitality industry.
- Wise Pocket Products: Wise Pocket Products is a company based on making life easier for active kids by providing a safe, stylish way to store not only their phones but other important items like epi pens or inhalers.
A representative from each of these companies will pitch their idea in 2.5 minutes to a distinguished panel of experts. One winner will be named to receive a prize package valued at nearly $12,000 which includes a $7500 cash prize, $2000 Cox Business technology package and $2000 in Cox Media marketing consultative/ad production services. Local businesses not competing are encouraged to attend this free event for networking and learning opportunities from accomplished leaders in digital marketing, funding and business growth strategy.
Four area leaders in the NW Arkansas area will serve as the judging panel and provide feedback during the event. The judges at the live event are:
- Jeff Charlson, Chief Technology Officer Rockfish Digital
- John James, Rounder and CEO Hayseed Ventures
- Lauren Stokes, Owner/CEO Lauren James Enterprises
- Joe Murphy, VP of Platform Products Collective Bias
Moderating the event will be Ken Kraft, SVP of Cox Business Marketing & Sales Operations, Cox Communications.
Get Started NW Arkansas will begin at 6:00 p.m. with networking and will include food and drinks in advance of the pitch presentations which will begin at 7:00 pm. This event is free to attend but registration is required at www.GetStartedNWA.com.
About Cox Communications:
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet and telephone services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable TV company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and new media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For seven years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; for seven years, Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.