- Tell us about Pinnacle Foods.
Pinnacle Foods is the maker, marketer and distributor of branded food products that have been American favorites for decades. Locally, we produce Hungry-Man, EVOL, Swanson, and Aunt Jemima meals as well as KFC Macaroni & Cheese. Our products are found in 85% of American households.
- What do you love most about the work you do?
Being good corporate citizen in our community, making a positive impact on those in the community through programs like Pinnacle ACTs and by helping families balance their busy lives with affordable, healthy meal options with our product offerings.
- What has your business accomplished in sustainability that you’re most proud of?
Pinnacle Foods has implemented a number of large energy reducing projects which have contributed to keeping down the cost of products for our customers. However, my personal favorite is implementing those everyday sustainable ideas that can be used by our employees which provide money saving opportunities at home.
- What is a sustainability goal that you hope to reach in the coming year?
Bio-digestion of waste materials for the purpose of providing low cost CO2 gas for the production of the products we make. A beneficial reuse or upcycling process is harder to establish than recycling but provides much more to a lot more people.
- Where can our members go to learn more about your business?